HOW TO PREPARE FOOD TO PRESERVE THE VITAMIN AND
Vitamins can easily be destroyed. Mushrooms, lettuce, broccoli,
asparagus and strawberries, for example, all lose their
vitamins very quickly. Food which has to be cooked should
be treated to the shortest possible time and at the lowest
In order to ensure that the food you eat retains a high
vitamin content, please follow these simple rules:-
- Food processing tends to reduce the nutritional quality
of food and so you should try to buy fresh, organic (where
possible) food and either eat it raw (if appropriate)
or eat it after cooking for the shortest length of time.
- Buy vegetables whole. Leaving leaves on and stalks in
allows vitamin C to migrate to the edible parts of the
- Cook foods in the minimum amount of water, or steam
them. Use this water. Also when hydrating unsulphured
dried fruits (after first scalding), use this mineral-rich
- Avoid high cooking temperatures and long heat exposure.
- Do not allow food to stand for long periods at room
temperature. Do not store food in warm places.
- Do not soak vegetables for long periods.
- Do not peel fruit or vegetables (unless not organic).
- You can freeze fresh produce with little deterioration
- Do not allow food - particularly un-packaged fruit and
vegetables, oils and milk to stand in sunlight.
whether you are taking the correct supplements?
you were less stressed?
with motivation to keep with your diet?